Recent news:

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

Reconstruction of Średnia Krokiew at Zakopane completed

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-05-19

SUI-02Grenchen   NEW!

POL-KSkawica

2022-05-18

POL-DŚwieradów-Zdrój   NEW!

POL-DKarpacz   NEW!

NOR-50Viggja

SLOŽiri

LATOgrē

LATOgrē

LATSigulda

LATTalsi

2022-05-17

POL-SBielsko-Biała

SLOOtlica

2022-05-09

GER-THPiesau   NEW!

FRA-VMegève

GER-THGeraberg

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum

AUTAUT-TWattens

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Stoager-Ried-Schanze:

K-Point: 50 m
Men Longest jump: 49.0 m (Peter Jenewein AUT, 1937-03-07)
Men Winter Hill record: 46.5 m (Anton Schwemberger AUT, 1933-01-29)
Year of construction: 1932
Conversions: 1952
K-Point: 20 m
Year of construction: 1931
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1931
Conversions: 1932, 1952
Status: destroyed
Ski club: WSV Wattens
Coordinates: 47.288262, 11.600697 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Wattens in Tyrol is the headquarters of the well-known crystal company Swarovski. The local ski club was founded in 1929 and built the ski jump in Stoager Ried in 1931, which was opened on January 6th, 1932. In the fall of 1932, an even larger ski jumping hill was added on the property of the patron of the Stoager, Franz Eberharter, which was supposed to allow jumps of around 50 meters. In 1,600 hours of voluntary work, the helpers moved around 650 to 700 cubic meters of earth to form the inrun and landing slope. Toni Schwemberger won the opening competition on January 29, 1933 with a hill record of 46.5 meters. Ski jumping was very popular in Wattens at the time - 2,000 spectators even came to attend the competition on the small 20-meter hill as part of the Tyrolean Youth Ski Day in 1935.
After World War II, the Stoagerriedschanzen were modernized by WSV Wattens in 1952/53 and the large one was upgraded to a K50. Presumably, the hill was only in continued use for a short period of time and was already abandoned until the 1960s.

to top

Hill records K50 (Men):

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com