Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-09-30

NOR-03Oslo

2022-09-29

POL-DMikołajów   NEW!

NOR-30Ski

AUT-OOWindischgarsten

AUT-OOWindischgarsten   NEW!

2022-09-28

CZE-JNové Město na Moravě

CZE-JNové Město na Moravě

NOR-30Ski

2022-09-27

CZE-JSvratka

NOR-30Bærum

2022-09-26

FRA-VChamonix

SLOKranj

GER-STWippra

NOR-30Lommedalen

2022-09-25

USA-WIWashburn

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



AUTAUT-THall in Tirol

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Glockenhofschanze (Volderwaldschanze):

K-Point: 62 m
Men Winter Hill record: 62.0 m
Inrun length: 80 m
Inrun angle: 34°
Take-off length: 14 m
Take-off angle: 12°
Take-off height: 3 m
Landing angle: 34°
Further jumps: K40, K20
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1931
Conversions: 1933, 1938
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SK Hall in Tirol
Coordinates: 47.271847, 11.524864 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The ski club of Hall in Tirol was founded in February 1931 and then immediately initiated the construction of a new ski jumping hill in spring. It was built at the location of an already existing 20-meter hill at Sturmwiese near Glockenhof/Volderwald (actually located within Tulfes municipality), where ski jumping activities had already started before World War I. By the following winter, the ski jump with its wooden inrun structure and take-off was completed. With a critical point of 62 meters it was one of the largest in Tyrol and Austria.
For the Tyrolian state championships in 1934 the Glockenhofschanze or Volderwaldschanze was again improved. Among the participants was also Olympic and World champion Birger Ruud. However, the ski jumping competition was cancelled due to a scandal about a national-socialist demonstration by some of the participants. In 1938 the hill was renovated by national-socialists and also the training hill was enlarged to 40 meters.
After World War II, SK Hall resumed activities on the ski jump, which hosted the Austrian Championships in 1953. Large Glockenhofschanze was probably used until late 1960s. For the 1968 Universiade in Innsbruck it was considered to renovate the hill, but instead a new ski jump was built at Absam, north of Hall.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com