Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2023-01-30

GER-BYTraunstein

SLOPodbrezje

2023-01-29

AUT-STMürzzuschlag

2023-01-28

ITABormio

POL-TRuczynów

AUT-KReichenfels

2023-01-27

AUT-STBad Mitterndorf

2023-01-26

GER-BWHinterzarten

AUT-OOBad Goisern

2023-01-25

AUT-SBischofshofen

2023-01-24

AUT-STAflenz

2023-01-23

AUT-STVeitsch

2023-01-22

AUT-STSpital am Semmering

GER-BYSchlehdorf

2023-01-21

GER-BYGmund am Tegernsee

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



AUTAUT-TAxams

Data | History | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Sprungschanze:

K-Point: 50 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1954
Operating until: 1960
Year of destruction: 1964
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SK Axams
Coordinates: 47.224147, 11.279793 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

After the Second World War, the Axams Ski Club, founded in 1928, increased its Nordic skiing activities and in the spring of 1954 started building its own ski jump. Ing. Payrl from St. Anton drew up the plan and on May 1st the earthworks began. On November 20th, 1954 the last works were carried out and so the ski jump with inrun tower and judges tower could be completed in time for the winter. The opening competition took place on January 2nd, 1955 with the participation of the Austrian national team.
In 1956 and 1958, the Tyrolean Nordic Ski Championships were held in Axams. However, the maintenance of the ski jump also cost a lot of work in the following summers because the slope had to be protected from slipping. Up to the winter of 1959/60, special and combined jumping competitions were regularly held on the Axam ski jumping hill. In May 1964, however, it was dismantled in the course of road construction to open up the Axamer Lizum. Today there is a small chapel at the former ski jump inrun.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2023
www.skijumpinghills.com