Recent news:

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-08-13

NOR-30Blaker   NEW!

NOR-30Sørumsand   NEW!

USA-WIMadison

2020-08-12

NOR-15Molde   NEW!

USA-WIOconomowoc

NOR-30Drammen   NEW!

2020-08-11

USA-ILFox River Grove

2020-08-10

NOR-46Voss   NEW!

NOR-46Voss   NEW!

NOR-17Fauske   NEW!

NOR-38Rjukan   NEW!

NOR-03Oslo   NEW!

SVKĽubochňa

NOR-11Hå   NEW!

2020-08-09

SVKKremnica

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



AUTAUT-OOSt. Florian am Inn

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Quellenhausschanze:

K-Point: 30 m
Men Winter Hill record: 32.0 m (Josef Bradl AUT)
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1949
Year of destruction: 1955

Länderschanze:

K-Point: 65 m
Men Winter Hill record: 73.0 m
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1955
Conversions: 1967
Year of destruction: 1974
K-Point: 30 m
Men Winter Hill record: 35.0 m
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1955
Conversions: 1968
Year of destruction: 1974
Further jumps: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: WSV Schärding-Gopperding

to top

History:

The first official competiton on the newly constructed Quellenhausschanze in the village Gopperding at St. Florian am Inn was organized by Schiklub Gopperding on February 3, 1952. It was a ski jump with a natural inrun and wooden take-off, on which annual Epiphany competitions were held. The start lists not only included Austrian world class ski jumpers like Sepp Bradl or Walter Habersatter, but also famous Germans such as Helmut Recknagel and Max Bolkart.
The meanwhile fusioned winter sports club Schärding-Gopperding soon planned a larger ski jumping facility and inaugurated the Länderschanze, situated in the Marienthal of the village Stocket, opposite of former guesthouse Großfurtner, in 1955.
In 1963 the market town authorities approved the construction of a new, 30 m high wooden inrun tower, which was officially inaugurated with the state championships of Upper-Austria in 1968. At the same time the adjacent 30 meter junior hill was covered with plastic mattings in summer and opened as the very first plastic covered ski jumping hill of Austria on September 3, 1968! Meanwhile the hills were operated by WSV Schärding and in 1971 once again the Upper-Austrian state championships could be held there.
Competition use of the ski jumping hills, and the toboggan ride also constructed at Marienthal, ended in 1974. Afterwards the sports facilities were removed since ski jumping activities in Upper-Austria now concentrated on towns such as Hinzenbach, Höhnhart, Waldzell, Bad Ischl and Bad Goisern.

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com