Recent news:

2500 ski jumping facilities now online!

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-09-23

NOR-42Kristiansand   NEW!

NOR-34Ljørdalen   NEW!

NOR-50Namsos   NEW!

NOR-50Grong   NEW!

2020-09-22

NOR-50Namsos   NEW!

NOR-46Bergen   NEW!

NOR-18Stokmarknes   NEW!

NOR-38Sandefjord   NEW!

2020-09-21

LATOgrē

2020-09-20

FRA-VAix-les-Bains

CZE-JBlízkov

GER-SNKlingenthal

2020-09-18

POL-KKrynica-Zdrój   NEW!

2020-09-16

SLOŠoštanj

SLOPodgorje

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



AUTAUT-NORax

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Camillo Kronich-Schanze:

K-Point: 45 m
Men Winter Hill record: 48.0 m (Rudolf Rieger AUT, 1934-04-15)
Year of construction: 1931

Gustav Jahn-Schanze:

K-Point: 25 m
Men Winter Hill record: 28.5 m (Anton Helleport AUT, 1927-04-03)
Year of construction: 1909
Conversions: 1926
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Österreichischer WSC
Coordinates: 47.716834, 15.759705 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The Rax is a mountain range at the border of Lower Austria and Styria, and considered as one of the backyard mountains of Vienna. Already around the turn from the 19th to the 20th century first skiing activities there were initiated by ski pioneer Gustav Jahn. In December 1907 the first ski jumping competition on the Rax was held at the archduke Otto cabin, on more than 1600 meters altitude, on a ski jump built by Jahn. It allowed jumps on more than 25 meters and sometimes also the country's best jumpers participated in the competitions organized by the winter sports club of the Austrian Tourist Club.
After World War I and Jahn's passing, the ski jumping hill at Ottohaus was continued by ÖWSC. In 1925, the cable car from Hirschwang onto the Rax alp was built in order to extend tourist activities on the alpine plateau. The ski jumping hill was reconstructed in 1926 by engineer Sepp Bildstein. In 1931, a larger ski jumping hill, which allowed jumps of more than 45 meters, was built near Ottohaus and named after the host of the cabin as Camillo Kronich-Schanze.

to top

Hill records K25 (Men):

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com